• Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• Mix all dry ingredients together (except
• Mix butter & Shortening into mixture, using
fingers, until mixture resembles large bread crumbs
• Add fruit to mixture
• Use enough liquid to bind mixture together. This
could be coconut water, milk or just plain water.
• Knead dough for a few minutes. The longer you
need the dough, the firmer the bread becomes. Sweet
bread is traditionally a firm bread, but some people
like it soft & crumbly. The choice is yours.
• Grease & flour loaf pan
• Fill pan halfway with dough
• Place a slender line of coconut filling lengthwise
down middle of dough.
• Put remaining dough on top
• Cut light crisscross pattern
on top with a knife for decoration (optional)
• Bake for 30-45 minutes or until an inserted knife
comes out clean.
For a crisper top, place a small pan with water at bottom of oven while baking.